These are one of my favorite treats with their unique flavor while also holding their weight in hormone balancing goodness. They are simply divine with a cup of coffee or tea, and with a foundation of rolled oats, pumpkin, flax, and sunflower seeds, you can't feel too guilty! A bit of sweetness from some whole dates and finished with the yummy ayurveda spices of cinnamon, cardamom, and fennel, you will soon come to understand what makes these so special.
Cinnamon, cardamom, and fennel are full of healing properties. Cinnamon mostly for it's great blood sugar balancing effects. Cardamom and fennel are both excellent for digestion issues. The oats and seeds are loaded with fiber and healthy fats which are great for blood sugar control, regularity, and all over hormone balance. Make a batch of these and enjoy the wonderful flavors of India while being good to your body too!
1 1/4 Cups Rolled Oats
1/2 Cup Sunflower Seeds
1/3 Cup Pumpkin Seeds
2 Tbsp Flax Seeds
10 Dates, soaked
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
1 Tbsp Ground Cardamom
1 tsp Fennel Seeds
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1. Preheat your oven to 350F. Place rolled oats in a food processor and blend until oats become flour. Set aside in mixing bowl. Then put seeds in the food processor and give a few pulses so that they are in small pieces, but not a flour. Mix seeds with oat flour, spices and salt, then set aside.
2. Blend soaked dates with water, coconut oil, and vanilla extract until dates are mostly smooth.
3. Mix together wet ingredients with dry to make batter.
4. Roll the dough in your hands to make a ball and then flatten on cookie sheet. Sometimes I make small cookies, sometimes large; you decide!
5. Bake for about 20-30 minutes (depending on cookie size) until golden brown. Additionally, I've baked them as soft and crunchy cookies and both are fabulous :)
6. Enjoy! These will last a couple days in a container on the counter. To better preserve, put in the refrigerator for 5 days or the freezer for several months.
Disclaimer: The information shared on this website is for general purposes only and has not been reviewed by the FDA. The information is not intended to treat, cure or prevent any disease or medical conditions and is not intended to take the place of advice from your medical professional. You should seek the care of your doctor before changing dietary or lifestyle habits. You are solely responsible for your health care and activity choices.